Where footprints in the sand are never alone

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Proximity

Sometimes all it takes is a slight bit of proximity to give rise to something greater. Whether it be relationships, business or string theory.

Personally, proximity can be likened to the effect of gravitational pull. Given sufficient proximity to a body of some kind, one can find themselves unequivocally and uncontrollably being drawn in. The question then becomes if the force drawing one in is either substantial or sufficient.

Arguably, sufficient is adequate threshold. Consider this is the context of relationships, whereby certain people are attracted to others auras, personality, looks or concepts. Arguably in such a case, sufficient 'pull' exerted by a person would give rise to mutual relationship. Contrast this to substantial 'pull'. In such a instance, its common to see the relationship develop from a friendship into a more intimate relationship. The question that then remains relates to proximity.

What is sufficient? Is sufficiency adequate? Or the higher threshold of substantial proximity required? Proximity of the heart and mind pertains to be elusive. Whilst it remains unclear the level of proximity to ones heart, that is required, one thing is for certain. That is, physical proximity is not the same as emotional proximity. Unfortunately, activities of the heart and emotion is beyond logical analysis and comparison. It is times like this, that 'trial and error' becomes and an accepted method of testing.

Whether one can show the success of proximity, at this stage is unclear. But like everything else in this area, anticipation is pointless.

Ramblings of
Pe3Jay

On a side note
Sometimes, especially this semester, I wonder why I go to university. Sometimes I wonder if I am capable of studying the course I am. And then I see this, and realise that maybe not all is lost
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dyk_OsmUg7s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XarrlxBTHJY&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment